Volunteers are needed year-round, for both family weekends and summer sessions! Consider giving a week or day of your time to some of the most amazing children in the world. Invite your friends to participate in this journey with you!
If you wish to be a part of our awesome program staff or medical team, click below to apply.
Have any questions about volunteering? Email our Volunteer Recruiter, Kelli Semones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Volunteer Opportunities
- Den Counselors: Assist the full-summer Den Counselors in taking care of the daily needs of campers in their cabin and help them have the most exciting and empowering experience possible. These counselors are expected to lead by example and live in the cabin for the week. This 24-hour a day job requires lots of energy! Den counselors also act as resources for the full-summer staff, providing new ideas and energy throughout the summer. Summer sessions require a 7-day commitment.
- Program Enhancement/Evening Activities:These day volunteers assist our full-summer program staff with specific programming needs. Possible areas for volunteer support include providing DJ services for a camp-wide dance, providing a live musical performance or providing hair and make-up services for the camp beauty shop.
Day or Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
- Equestrian Center: Assist full time barn staff with daily equine care and cleaning. Equine experience is required.
- Housekeeping: Assist our full-time staff with preparing camp for weekend retreats and summer sessions by making beds, doing laundry, and cleaning program areas and cabins.
- Maintenance: Work with our facilities staff in helping to keep our camp looking beautiful and well groomed. Volunteers will help with mowing and ground maintenance as well as minor repairs such as painting and various other handyman chores.
- Dining Hall: Volunteers will assist the camp chef with preparing and serving meals during camp sessions as well as the setup and cleanup of the dining hall. Housing will not be provided.
Family Weekend Opportunities (Child Interaction)
- Den Leaders:These volunteers serve as ambassadors for our camper families during their stay. Den Leader's responsibilities can include greeting families, escorting families through the camp schedule and providing primary supervision for children while parents attend adult focused activities. Family weekends require a three day commitment including attendance at the volunteer orientation at the start of the weekend.
- Program Leaders: Family weekend program areas include: the pool, wood shop, arts and crafts, archery, equestrian center and the fun center. Each Program Leader is a part of a team that is responsible for setting up, facilitating and cleaning up their assigned program area. In addition, each Program Leader is expected to join the family s/he is assigned to for meals, providing evening program support, and assisting the Den Leader with children during parent-only groups. Family weekends require a three day commitment including attendance at the volunteer orientation at the start of the weekend.
- Lifeguards:Throughout the family weekends, volunteer lifeguards are vital to the operation of our indoor pool area. These volunteers can support programming by volunteering for specific shifts in which the pool will be open throughout the weekends, or by volunteering for the full weekend as a Program Leader in the pool area.
At The Center for Courageous Kids, medical volunteers are essential to the summer camp sessions. In addition to our full time Medical Director and Camp RN, we recruit four-six licensed medical volunteers and eight nursing student volunteers for each summer camp session. Medical Volunteers must attend orientation (one day prior to the camp session) and stay for the entire camp week. Medical housing is provided for all volunteers. Our medical volunteers can include: Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nursing Students, Respiratory Therapists, Occupational Therapist, and Physical Therapist. For more information, please contact Amy Hudson, Camp Nurse at email@example.com. If you want to become a volunteer with our medical staff, click here to apply online today!