For the summer, The Center for Courageous Kids (CCK) seeks to hire 60 energetic, reliable, positive, team-oriented and flexible individuals to fill the two different summer counselor positions available; den counselors & program counselors. The summer season begins with an on-site, paid orientation in mid-May and the fun doesn’t stop until the end of July when our last group of campers leave for the season. CCK is an overnight, residential camp that requires its staff to stay on-site, but room and board is provided for all hired staff. We encourage individuals 19 years old or older looking for an enriching summer experience to apply for a seasonal, summer position by following the easy steps below.
**Employment is contingent on two complete reference forms, an interview process and a background check.
**An applicant can be 18 years old if he/she has completed one year of college.
Summer Paid Positions
- Den Counselor: As a den counselor you are assigned to 8 campers each week. This position requires the counselor to be actively involved in the supervision, guidance, and motivation of campers while maintaining a high standard of care.
- Program Counselor: Program counselors are responsible for preparing, supervising, and facilitating one of thirteen program areas we provide on camp. For a full list of program areas, please refer to the application.
Information to Consider Before You Apply
The Application Process:
- December to April: employment applications accepted
- January until all positions are filled: interviews
- March until all positions are filled: employment offers extended
Please follow the steps below to ensure your application is complete:
- Step One: Submit the electronic Summer Application
- Step Two: Your listed references will be emailed a link to complete our reference form. Applicants will not be considered for employment until all reference forms are completed and submitted to The Center for Courageous Kids. (A reference can be completed by a former employer, supervisor, teacher, or family friend; however, it CANNOT be filled out by a family member.)
**After you have submitted your application electronically you should receive a confirmation email containing a summary of your application responses. If you receive this email, your application submitted correctly. If you do not receive this email, please contact our Summer Staff Recruiter using the info you will find at the bottom of this page.
- Step Three: All employees are required by law to complete a Consumer Report (Background Check) Form. After the interview process, if you are contacted by a member of The Center for Courageous Kids staff to extend a summer employment offer, this document must be completed, digitally signed, and returned by email to The Center for Courageous Kids to complete the hiring process.
If you have any further questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Brittany Ransom, Staff Recruiting Coordinator via phone at (270) 618-2900 or via email at email@example.com.