The Center for Courageous Kids is in need of enthusiastic and energetic volunteers all year-round, for both family weekend retreats and summer sessions. Consider devoting a portion of your time to making a difference in the lives of our courageous campers! Invite your friends to participate in this journey with you!
There are many ways to join the CCK Family. For questions regarding volunteer opportunities (non-medical) please contact our Volunteer Recruiter, Melissa Gerard at email@example.com.
For questions regarding Medical Volunteer Opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Weekend Retreat Volunteer Opportunities
- Earn Up to 40 Service Hours!
- Serve as an ambassador to our camper families throughout the retreat.
- Escort families through the weekend schedule and participate in all camp activities.
- Interact with both our courageous campers and their family members.
- Play with kids!
- Earn Up to 40 Service Hours!
- Experience the joy of interacting with many campers and their families by electing to volunteer as a Program Counselor.
- These volunteers assist with facilitating preplanned activities in a specific program area. Our program areas include: the pool, wood shop, arts and crafts, archery, horse barn, fishing, the bowling alley and many more.
- Each Program Counselor is expected to join the family s/he is assigned for meals and evening activities.
Family weekends require a three day commitment including attendance at volunteer orientation at the start of the weekend, Friday-Sunday. All volunteer counselors must be at least 18 years old.
Summer Volunteer Opportunities (non-medical)
- Earn up to 100 service hours.
- Assist summer staff counselors in taking care of the daily needs of our campers.
- It is the counselors’ responsibility to ensure that the campers have the most exciting and empowering experience possible.
- Counselors are expected to lead by example and participate in all camp activities.
- This 24-hour a day job requires a lot of energy but, is without a doubt a life-changing experience!
Summer sessions require a 6-day commitment. (Saturday-Thursday) All volunteer counselors must be at least 18 years old.
At The Center for Courageous Kids, Medical Volunteers are essential to the summer camp sessions. In addition to our Medical Team (Medical Director, Camp Physician, Camp Nurse, and 4 Lodge Care Providers), we recruit 4-6 licensed medical volunteers and 8 nursing student volunteers for each summer camp session. Medical Volunteers must attend orientation (one day prior to the camp session) and stay for the entire camp week. Housing is provided for all volunteers. Medical Volunteers include: Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Respiratory Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Medical Students, and Pharmacy Students. For more information, please contact the Medical Director at email@example.com.
Year-Round Day Volunteer Opportunities
- Equestrian Center: Assist full time barn staff with leading horses and side-walking.
- Housekeeping: Assist our staff with preparing camp for upcoming camp sessions by making beds, doing laundry, and cleaning lodges.
- Maintenance: Support our facilities staff with keeping our camp looking beautiful. Volunteers can assist with mowing and ground maintenance as well as minor repairs such as painting.
- Dining Hall: Volunteers will assist the camp chef with preparing and serving meals during camp sessions as well as the setup and cleanup of the dining hall.
- Lifeguards: During our family weekend season, volunteer lifeguards assist with programming by volunteering for specific shifts in which the pool is open or by volunteering for the full weekend retreat as a Program Counselor.
Day volunteers are needed for all weekend retreats and summer camp sessions. Overnight housing is not required or provided for these positions.
Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
Organize a volunteer opportunity for your team of employees to partake in the CCK experience together. There are many ways for larger groups to join in the fun and make an impact on the lives of our campers.
Please contact Volunteer Recruiter, Melissa Gerard at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about these opportunities.